Event Phone: 717-327-1854
- October 27, 2021 - December 3, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 am
- Do you spend your days feeling torn between caring for
yourself and others?
- Do you say yes to one or more of these symptoms: emotional exhaustion, depleting empathy and compassion, and increasing thoughts of why bother?
- Do you suffer with and from human giver syndrome–feeling pressure to have it all together–especially emotionally–so as not to make anyone else uncomfortable
- Are you dreading this holiday season?
Burnout, compassion fatigue, and chronic stress were challenges for women BEFORE the Pandemic…now they’ve increased to epidemic levels The good news is that Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski’s new book Burnout: Secrets to Unlocking the Stress Cycle provides practical and creative tips and tools to name the burnout and move through it.
This holiday season can be different AND you don’t have to go through it alone!
This five-week book club will be a time for 10 women to gather together, share their insights from the book, and offer support and accountability as we put the words on the page into practice. Participants will also receive a digital workbook to companion them in unlocking their unique stress cycle.
When: 7:00 – 8:30 pm (virtual), Wednesdays 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, & 12/1.
What previous participants have said
This beautiful group brought to light so much of the “whys and how’s” we as women face in this world. Understanding and actionable steps were such a gift! I was learning, growing, and connecting deeper to myself more than I ever have. Its invaluable, really! I’m so thankful! Krisha M
Being part of this group was the first time I have incorporated new self care habits and had them stick. I’m sharing with I learned with everyone. Sarah L
The Well’s (Virtual) Burnout Book Club is For You If
- You answered yes to any or all of the above questions
- You recognize that you can’t change others intellectually and yet, in the moment, you do the same thing over and over whether than be criticizing and blaming or hiding out
- You are open to exploring what happens inside of you by replacing judgment with curiosity
- You seek a small group of others to support you as well as offer accountability
- You are open to learning from others’ experiences and willing to risk being vulnerable
- You seek dialogue with others
- You want to practice relationally even though it may challenge parts of you that like to be right
- You want to grow mighty
The Well’s (Virtual) Burnout Book Club is Not For You If
- You believe that you have nothing to learn about yourself
- You do not enjoy self-reflection
- You seek a quick fix
- You are not open to hearing others’ lived experiences and believe there is only one right belief system
- You prefer monologue
- You seek to be right rather than relational