WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT IF YOU CHOOSE ME AS YOUR COUPLES THERAPIST?
- A welcoming and open presence
- Attention to the mind, body, spirit, connection
- Encouragement to explore your relationships—both past and present
- Input in crafting and achieving your unique goals, hopes, and dreams
- Inclusion of spiritual and meditation practices as part of our work together if you choose
- Inclusion of experiential and art activities if you choose
- Option to add co-created ritual to honor your growth and transition
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM OUR COUNSELING SESSIONS?
Entering counseling is a challenging and exciting experience. Like all good relationships, I believe that a counseling relationship starts slowly with time spent on getting to know one another. Your initial three to four sessions will be a time of exploring your life journey, expanding upon your hopes and desires for counseling, and collaborating on ways that counseling can assist you in achieving your desires. As we proceed, sessions include conversation, silence, and questions with the options of including more holistic and integrative modalities. I specifically draw from Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Internal Family Systems, Interpersonal Neurobiology, Contextual Family Therapy, and contemplative spiritual practices.